Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sleepy...

I'm waking up in the middle of the night more frequently now....for many different reasons of course!  Whether it's a potty break, aching hips and legs, or the cats romping around the room, it always results in the same thing....I can't get back to sleep!

Once I wake up it's very difficult to get comfortable again.  I blame this on my change in sleeping position.  I've been sleeping semi on my stomach for as long as I can remember!  Now that this position is becoming less convenient (thank you baby!!), it's hard to find a comfortable position.  Thank goodness my husband had the foresight to buy a body pillow before it was even necessary.  The body pillow certainly helps.  It allows me to remain in a position that feels like my old one, without squishing the belly!  This is a sacrifice for Devin, though...

Take this morning for example.

Around 4:00 am I was awake, and once I took care of business I couldn't get back to sleep.  The solution...grab the body pillow!  Once I picked a side I was snoozing in no time.  When I woke up again at 6:30, there I was sprawled comfortably on the bed with the body pillow taking up an additional foot of space, and poor Devin was lying on his side on the edge of the bed. It looked very uncomfortable, and I felt terrible!

He's a good sport, though, and he doesn't say a word.  I'm lucky to have him!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for pregnancy insomnia :) It's your body's way of preparing you for those (hopefully) few months you'll be waking through out the night to feed & sooth baby.

    Poor Dev. He's such a good sport!

    I hate to say it, but that body pillow will soon be replaced by a sweet baby :) All mom's say they'll never sleep with their infant, but every one of them does.

    I cannot wait until you post about feeling those first kicks!!!

    ReplyDelete